Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bad News

My family found out some bad news at the beginning of the week, but mom and dad didn't want daniel and me to say anything until they knew more. I'm posting this news instead of telling people mainly b/c it's easier, and those who read this blog are the only ones I'd really want to know just b/c when lots of people know about these things, it can get wearing talking about it to acquaintances who mean well but would do better to leave things be. Anyway, we found out Monday that mom has breast cancer. She went in for an MRI today and will go in for a biopsy monday, and then they'll find out the results of tests later next week and I guess do surgery after that. If they find out that it's spread, then I guess they'll have to do more stuff from there.

Well, I guess I'm not sure how to deal with all of this, but I'd rather y'all not tell anyone really just to keep it more minimally discussed. Anyway, hopefully the tests will go well and then the surgury will go well. I've never had to deal with anything like this before. I know God's been faithful to me enough that I can trust him no matter what happens. The busyness of this week hasn't given me much chance to think, but I hope y'all can pray for mom and dad. Mom's really positive, but I know they're both getting pretty worn down. Anyway, I'll keep y'all updated one way or another.

5 comments:

Joanna Benskin said...

I'll definitely be praying, Nathan. And please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

abigail said...

*a big big hug for nathan*

Kat said...

I'm glad you told us this and I promise, of course, to keep it under wraps. I'll be praying for you and your mom. If I can do anything at all, including, but not limited to dispensing hugs and just listening, don't hesitate to ask!

Jess said...

If you need to talk, let me know. (Even if said need should occur at some ridiculous hour of the night. I mean it.)

pkzav

dragon134 said...

wow, nathan - i'll be praying for you all, and on a lighter note, i miss you all too - i might be coming to visit soon...but i'm not sure yet...so whatever.